Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Reception: Part 2

And now for the rest of our reception recap! I think the rest of these pictures do a good job of speaking for themselves in terms of how much fun our guests were and how much excitement was present, so I'll keep my comments on the brief side.

First up, our awesome and delicious cake. A woman who attends our church made it for us, and she did an amazing job! It was exactly what we wanted and tasted so good.
You'll notice in the picture above that Drew and I chose not to purchase a cake cutting/serving set for our reception and instead used a giant knife provided by the banquet hall's kitchen. We're classy.

I served Drew his cake first and was all nice and sweet about it. I had a hunch he would try to smear my cake all over my face when it was his turn.
And I was right. What a stinker.
But at least he helped me clean the frosting off of my face. I should've made him go first so that I had a chance to retaliate, but oh well.
We were able to kiss and make up pretty quickly :)
After cutting the cake I headed out to the dance floor with all the single ladies for the bouquet toss.

Cindy, my younger sister and bridesmaid, may have caught the bouquet, but I think we can all agree that the real winner was Drew's cousin's toddler who caught a stray rosebud. Probably the cutest thing all night.
Also a cute part of the night? Our first dance.

Drew and I had our first dance to "How Sweet It Is" by James Taylor. A little more upbeat than traditional first dance songs, but perfect for us. I worked for months to convince Drew this would be the  perfect song, and I'm glad he agreed with me.
One of my favorite pictures from our wedding day.
After our first dance, it was time for my dance with my dad. We danced to the song "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman, which is the same song he and my older sister danced to at her wedding a couple of years ago. Coming up with father-daughter dance songs is tough, so I'm glad I could use my sister's song as our fallback option.

While we danced my dads brothers and parents lined the dance floor for moral support.
We even had my mom join us for awhile since she was getting a little emotional watching us. I'm glad we had her come over so we could share a moment together.
After all of the "required" dances took place, it was time for everyone to join us on the dance floor! I believe this was when I changed out of my awesome, yet uncomfortable, wedding shoes and into flip flops. Great choice, me.
My family definitely dominated the dance floor at first, but Drew's family quickly joined in on the action. Our DJ even made a comment about how we had the best representation of both families on the dance floor of any wedding she had done before. We're a pretty fun bunch!
The dancing didn't stop all night, and it was such a blast. I couldn't have asked for a more fun and awesome time, and everything ran so smoothly. I have no idea how we pulled it off.

I had such a fun night at our reception, and I can't wait for the weddings coming up in the next year that I will be attending. So much fun!

And that pretty much concludes my wedding recap! I have a ton more pictures from our photographer, so I'll probably sort through those and post some bonus footage sometime next week. Thanks for reading my recap!


No comments:

Post a Comment