Friday, November 18, 2011

Our Wedding: Outdoor Shots

Before I start with this post, I just want to say how much fun recapping our wedding has been! I felt like we had to wait forever for our pictures, and not many people have posted pictures to Facebook yet, so I've kind of been sitting in suspense. I seriously love our wedding pictures and am so grateful we had an awesome photographer in Adam

But enough about that, let's move on to today's recap!

Once the ceremony ended and Drew and I dismissed our guests from the sanctuary, we headed back in to get a couple of family shots...
The Thomas side of the family. This is a completely normal picture for us.
My new family!
...and signed our marriage license! Drew was a good husband and held my bouquet for me while I signed the license.
We took quite a few more family pictures in the church, and then it was time for our wedding party to head to a nearby park for outdoor pictures!

The weather really cooperated with us that day, so not only did we have the beautiful changing leaves in our pictures, but the temperature was somewhere around the high 70s/low 80s. Absolutely perfect, especially considering the couple weekends leading up to our wedding were rainy and cold (50s/60s). I don't know how we got so lucky, but I'm glad we did!

We probably spent close to an hour at the park taking a bunch of different group shots and pictures with just me and Drew. Here are a few of my favorites:
We seriously could not have planned for a more gorgeous day or a better location to take our pictures. I am so thankful we had such a great photographer who had such good ideas for our pictures and really took advantage of the scenery.

Once we finished up at the park, it was time to head to our reception! We actually ended up arriving a bit ahead of schedule, which was a nice little bonus (especially for our hungry wedding guests!).

I broke down our reception into two posts, so be on the lookout for both of those tomorrow!

2 comments: