Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ten for Tuesday

I'm starting a new feature here to showcase a list of what's on my mind at the moment, what I'm obsessing over, or whatever other thoughts I feel like sharing.

In case you couldn't figure it out from the post title, I'm calling this new feature Ten for Tuesday.

I'm trying to post more regularly, and I think adding another structured feature (the other being Thankful Thursday) will help me achieve my goal.

Since my days as a single girl are numbered, I decided to write about the ten things I'm most looking forward to about marriage. This should be an interesting list to look back on in six months or a year, to compare it to what I actually enjoy the most about being married.

And now for the inaugural Ten for Tuesday list:

Reasons I'm Excited to be Married

1. No more waiting or countdowns. I don't know how we've been able to bear so much waiting in our relationship. First waiting to be reunited following our long-distance relationship when we first started dating and then the countdown to marriage. Now we'll just get to simply be together.
Only FOUR more days! This is the real final countdown.
2. I get to have an excellent roommate. Forever. I already talked about how much I dislike living alone.

3. I get to be part of a new family. I don't mean being a part of Drew's family, although I'm excited about that as well. But I'm excited to start a new family that's just me and Drew, with our own traditions and habits and other exciting stuff.

4. Drew and I get to do all the boring stuff together. For awhile I've been excited for when Drew and I can do all the lame stuff no one really thinks about together: grocery shopping, folding laundry, running errands, sitting around at home. We already get to do this quite a bit since we've spent most weekends during the past 15 months together, but now we'll get to be boring and normal together all the time. Sometimes it really is the little things.

5. Making my apartment our apartment. Drew started moving some of his belongings into my apartment a couple of weeks ago, and it already feels different than when this was only where I lived. I mean, for a few more days I still am the only one living here, but we're making this place ours instead of just mine. We've already rearranged the living room furniture and redone the bathroom (new shower curtain and bath mat so it's less "college dorm room," according to Drew), but there's a long way to go to making our living space truly ours.

6. Making plans for the future. I love thinking about how, after Saturday, Drew and I get to make plans as husband and wife. We get to go on our first vacation together and start planning for our first holidays as a married couple. I can't wait for all of the plans that await us - where to live, how to spend our anniversary, what adventures we want to have... it's going to be good!

7. No more wedding planning. I've definitely (mostly) enjoyed wedding planning, but I'm completely okay with the fact that I will never have to plan a wedding again. It's a lot of work and can be frustrating and exhausting at times. I'm ready to enjoy the end product and everything that follows. 

8. I'll have someone to share everything with. All of it. Every thought, emotion, hope, fear. Each dream and dumb story. My home, my bed, my closet. The laundry, the dishes, dinner. Good experiences and bad experiences. My heart. Anything and everything. We get to do it all together.

9. Getting to say goodnight, every night. Just like those cheesy decor signs.
Yep, just like this. via
10. I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend. Self-explanitory.

No comments:

Post a Comment