Saturday, August 27, 2011

The To-Do List Continues

A few weeks ago I posted my to-do list that was seriously stressing me out. Luckily, I've made a serious dent in my list since then, so here's my little update for you:
  • Finish writing and mail shower thank-yous
  • Pick up wedding dress (Yeah, I'm a little behind on that one...)
  • Schedule tasting with reception venue
  • Purchase centerpieces for reception tables (We're making our own instead of ordering flowers or something.)
  • Request time off work for the rehearsal (At least time off for the honeymoon has been approved!)
  • Find and buy wedding shoes
  • Maintain sanity
    Phew, that's a lot of work! And even though we haven't finished buying our centerpieces, I was able to pick up a few items for these this morning. Now if I could just hunt down some Michael's coupons I could get everything else we need.

    Unfortunately, (almost) finishing one to-do list means there's an entirely new one to start. The good news about that, though, is that the wedding is so close we don't have too much left to accomplish anymore. Thank goodness.

    My job is going to be even more stressful during the next month, so I may not be able to get too much done, but Drew's internship ends in a couple weeks giving him more time to get wedding stuff done. Here are the tasks we'll be working on next:
    • Finish purchasing centerpieces
    • Finish designing our wedding programs and place cards
    • Get wedding dress altered (don't even get me started on the panic this is putting me through)
    • Buy gifts for our wedding party
    • Buy thank you notes for wedding gifts
    • Make final payment for our rings
    • Go through our "play" and "do not play" lists for the DJ
    • Apply for our marriage license!
    Minus wedding dress alterations, I'm feeling pretty good about everything on this list. Nothing is too difficult or time-consuming to accomplish (I hope) and we're getting SO close to finally being done with planning and actually being married! Ahhh!

    So on a related note... anyone in the Saginaw area know of a tailor I can take my wedding dress to for alterations? The boutique where I bought my dress wants to charge me my parents an arm and a leg to do it, so I need to find somewhere that's relatively affordable.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment