Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Two Days to Go!

Today is a pretty big deal: the wedding is TWO days away!

I obviously have a lot to be thankful for, so let's move on with the gratitude.

I'm thankful I don't work again until the 17th. In preparation for the rehearsal tomorrow and the wedding on Saturday, I have today and tomorrow off of work to just relax and enjoy everything.

Next week is, of course, our honeymoon, during which I plan to be completely incommunicado. My laptop is staying at home and my cell phone will be off. Ah, to be able to relax for a bit.

I'm thankful my family starts arriving tonight! Like I've mentioned before, I don't get to see my extended family too often anymore, so I'm excited many of my cousins, aunts and uncles will be in town this weekend to celebrate. We know how to have a good time at weddings, and I can't wait for all of the fun festivities to begin!

I'm thankful for my wonderful fiance. Because without him, this wedding would not be possible.

I'm thankful for awesome honeymoon plans. If you don't know by now, Drew and I are huge Disney nerds, so we're basically acting like five-year-olds in anticipation of our honeymoon in Disney World next week.
Just hanging out with our pal Woody.
We've both been to the parks many times and even worked for the Mouse as interns, so planning our honeymoon only took about 2.5 seconds. At around 10 a.m. Monday morning we will be at our hotel and finally enjoying our plans: wandering the parks, getting massages, enjoying awesome dinner reservations, and having fun together.

Get ready for at least a couple of Disney-picture-filled honeymoon recaps in a couple weeks. It's gonna be crazy.

I'm thankful I get to write another wedding recap soon. It's been awhile since my last wedding recap, and the next one I write will be for my own wedding! So exciting!

I have a feeling this recap will take quite a bit of time since I'll have so many more thoughts, feelings and details to process and write up, so be patient with me. I started a list of posts I plan to write to fully capture the day, so don't expect this to be just one post like my other recaps.

Maybe I'll even be able to convince Drew to write his own recap of our wedding ;)

But probably not.

I'm thankful for everyone who has helped us plan and prepare for the wedding. We're not through the woods yet with planning (I know we'll have a mess of last-minute things pop up), but the bulk of our tasks are finished.

I really don't know how Drew and I would have managed completing everything on our to-do list if it wasn't for our parents, friends, siblings and everyone else who helped us gather supplies, make reservations and appointments, talk through pre-marital expectations and celebrate with us. You're all wonderful, and we really can't thank you enough.

I'm thankful the weather forecast looks good for Saturday. It's been pretty cold and rainy lately in Michigan, but luckily that weather doesn't seem to be on the horizon for our big day.
This pleases me.
If the forecast is correct, then we'll probably end up getting married on one of the last nice weekends for the next six months or so. We'll see how things really pan out in two days, but for now I'm optimistic that the weather will cooperate with us.

And if it doesn't, well, what are you going to do? No use stressing over something we can't control (and that doesn't seem likely anyways).

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment