Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I'm obsessed with blogs, and I recently found a new healthy living blog to stalk daily: Ali on the Run. It's an awesome blog by a magazine writer (jealous!) who is incredibly inspiring to me on the workout front (I don't care about being a fit bride, but I do care about being fit) and is hilariously awesome.

One of my favorite features on Ali's blog is Thankful Things Thursday, where she chronicles things she is thankful for every week. I love these posts so much, because sometime life sucks but it's important to remember that we always have something (or someone) to be thankful for. So in keeping with my goal to avoid the stress-monster that is planning a wedding, I decided to start my own list of things I'm grateful for this week with Thankful Thursday.

Here we go!

Excel spreadsheets. Normally I hate Excel because I have to use it so much for work and, frankly, it's kind of an ugly (although practical) interface. But without the organizational powers of Excel I would have a really terrible time organizing our guest list, and probably wouldn't have realized we forgot to send out a couple invitations (sorry!).

Nice neighbors. I'll be honest, I really don't know anyone in my apartment building (except for the receptionist from the Chamber of Commerce who lives across the hall). But the other day when I was unloading some boxes of wedding gifts from my car to haul into the building, a nice old man opened the front door for me when I was obviously struggling to both hold the boxes and open the door. He probably saved me about fifteen minutes worth of frustration. Thanks old neighbor guy!

Picking up my dress this weekend. The store where I ordered my wedding dress has been holding my dress for about a month now. I'm thankful my appointment to try it on and pick it up is finally this Saturday! Now I just have to find my shoes and hope my dress fits...

The end of summer weddings. Okay, I'm not really thankful that summer weddings are over. I had so much fun at each of the weddings we attended and picked up so much great inspiration for my own wedding. However, the end of summer weddings means something very exciting: Drew and I are the next wedding! It's almost here! Only 51 days to go! I'm really excited.

Drew. Duh.

That's all for now. Check back next week so see if I remember to write another Thankful Thursday post!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment