Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Family, Fall & Fun

What a crazy week it's been! Having Monday off for Labor Day has really made this week fly by, which means we're one week closer to the wedding and our Disney honeymoon! I think the only thing that's going to get me through work this month (it's an extra-crazy time for us) is knowing I get a week and a half off for our wedding/honeymoon.

I had an excellent holiday weekend and have some fun plans for this weekend, so I have plenty to be thankful for this week.

Finishing our place cards. Drew had downloaded a free trial of Photoshop to recreate the most awesome place cards ever, but the trial expired this weekend before we were completely finished tweaking our version of the cards. Oops. But Drew's awesome so after a 12-hour day at the ball park working, he came home and banged out the rest of our place cards so we're all set to go! What a guy. All we have left to do is add individual names to the cards, but we can do this without Photoshop. Score!

My cousin got engaged! Yep, my lovely cousin in Boston got engaged last week! What a year it's been for my family - another cousin was married in July, my wedding is in October and another cousin just got engaged! My family knows how to have fun at wedding receptions, so I'm pretty pumped we'll have another one on the horizon after my turn. Plus, we're all so spread out that it's hard for the whole family to get together anymore. Family weddings are the perfect excuse for us all to see each other and catch up and, of course, have fun celebrating!

I'll be married in one month. Holy moly. Sometimes I still can't get over the fact that I was excited when we made it under the 200-days mark in our countdown when the wedding is only 30 days away right now! We still have quite a bit left to do for the big day, but I'm pretty much at the point where I don't really care. I just want to be married to my best friend.

All-girls fun breakfast this Saturday. Our church has a men's event on Saturday morning, so while all the guys are busy with that (minus Drew who will be at the Michigan State game), the ladies are getting together for a fun family breakfast! It's going to be awesome and delicious. I love breakfast (and my new family).

Our honeymoon is paid in full. I was a serious stress case a couple of weeks ago when the final payment on our honeymoon was due. Using a whole paycheck for a Disney vacation is exciting, but also kind of annoying. I like lots of numbers in my bank account, and our final payment resulting in us having not-so-big numbers for a bit. Thank goodness for paydays, though, because our savings are back on track and now we don't have to worry about spending anymore money on our honeymoon! I'm also thankful for everyone who helped us pay for our trip - you're the best :)

Fall is practically here. Okay, I am not at all a fan of cold weather (yes, I think 60 degrees is cold), but I really do enjoy fall. Now that the weather is starting to reflect the change in seasons I'm getting excited for all the good stuff fall brings: apple picking, sweatshirt weather, Octoberfest, the leaves changing colors, cider donuts, Halloween... all good things. I may love spring/summer weather the best, but fall is when Drew and I met and when we're getting married. This season definitely holds a special place in my heart. Plus it's cool enough outside that I can wear my moccasins which is also exciting. Now let's just skip winter and everything will be just grand.

All right, my lunch break is almost over, so it's back to work I go. I hope everyone has a great weekend (I know I will)!

No comments:

Post a Comment