Saturday, July 28, 2012

Photoshop Fun

I downloaded a free trial of Photoshop a few days ago, and have had fun playing around with it since. I've used Photoshop before for college classes and have downloaded trials of older versions in the past, but I feel like I'm finally getting bold enough to try out some more exciting projects this time around.

I stumbled upon some great tutorials over at Pugly Pixel that I've really had fun with so far. The other day I posted some craft inspiration using the collage tutorial, and here are some pictures I made using Pugly Pixel's Blending Modes tutorial.


For this image I created my own stripes layer, and used a glitter tutorial for the texture layer. The photo is one of my favorite wedding pictures of ours. The floral layer is from The Graphics Fairy.

This next image uses my same stripes layer (just modified slightly) and a built-in texture from Photoshop. The floral background is once again from The Graphics Fairy.


Instead of using a separate image on top of the embellishments, I used a layer mask to bring parts of the original floral background to the forefront.

Can you tell I have plenty of free time right now? Haha. Neither of the images I created are perfect, but I think they're pretty fun! It's going to be a sad day when my free trial runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment