Friday, July 29, 2011

Sweet Home Owosso?

After our wedding in October Drew and I are planning to live in Owosso, MI, where I currently live/work. So until our job searches allow us to move somewhere a little more happening, it'll be small town digs for us.

Even though the humidity was at about 2000% last night, I had the urge to take pictures, so I went to two of the best photo-op spots in town: Woodard Station and Curwood Castle Park. Woodard Station is a former factory that has been re-outfitted into loft condos (mostly for Baker College students) and some commercial spaces (the salon where I get my hair cut is here, as is Owosso's fanciest restaurant, the Wrought Iron Grill).

Curwood Castle was the home of an author who lived in Owosso. Trust me, it sounds way cooler (and larger) than it actually looks. But there were loads of pretty flowers in the park at Curwood Castle, so I had plenty to look at and take pictures of. Regal it's not, but Curwood sure makes for some great photos.

As much as Drew and I would prefer to live somewhere a bit nicer (like Midland), we're okay with spending the beginning of our marriage in Owosso. While it is an incredibly small town, it's not without some charm, as evidenced by my pictures. Also we know we have to live where we can work versus choosing someplace with such luxuries as a mall or Starbucks.

So if you ever have the chance to visit us while we're living in Owosso, feel free to drop in and we'll grab a beer at the WIG (that's the Wrought Iron Grill, to those in the know) or window shop at Wal-Mart. If you're looking for anything more exciting... well, we'll let you know when we get to upgrade to a bigger town.

No comments:

Post a Comment