Sunday, April 8, 2012

Six Months

Six months ago, Drew and I got married.
Can you believe it? We certainly can't, mostly because our math-challenged minds thought that it's been  our six-month anniversary for the longest time (or at least the last two months). I promise we really do understand the basic concepts of addition and subtraction.

Anyway, the last six months have been crazy, amazing, challenging and so much fun. Since getting married we:
  • moved to a new apartment/town
  • became an aunt and uncle
  • spent our first Christmas as a married couple
  • celebrated our 2-year dating anniversary
  • returned to Disney World, where we first met, for our honeymoon
  • purchased our first real furniture (dining room table + couch)
  • have had an amazing time enjoying the first few months of marriage!

I'm pretty amazed by how much has happened since we got married. The past few months have been jam-packed for us, and, as you can see from my list, we've experienced a lot of changes and new experiences. I know the next six months will be just as crazy for us, and I'm really looking forward experiencing everything with my best friend by my side. I can't wait for the many years we have ahead of us!
Also, as a fun side note, today is not only our 6-month wedding anniversary, but it's also my younger sister's 20th birthday and our nephew's 4-month birthday! Crazy! Guess there's just something about the 8th of the month in our family.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, congrats! I can't believe how quickly it has all gone by, either. Any plans for your one-year anniversary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're actually going to be at a wedding the weekend of our one-year anniversary, so we'll probably come up with something fun to do while we're out of town (we'll be in St. Louis). And I agree, time is going by so quickly! I can't believe this time last year I was still wedding planning - yikes!

    ReplyDelete